What is the price of Experience do men buy it for a song Or wisdom for a dance in the street?No it is bought with the price Of all a man has
Have not the mouse & frog eyes & ears & sense of touch? Yet are their habitations & their pursuits as different as their forms & their joys.
Blake quote of the day; There are States in which all Visionary Men are accounted Mad
Been away for a while, so finally, a Blake quote of the day: The soul of sweet delight can never be defil’d.
- David Fallon gives a Blake lecture on Oxford University’s podcasts.
- The Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts just completed an exhibition on Blake.
- Steve Silberman uses Blake’s work to investigate the phenomenon of synesthesia.
- Edward Paolozzi’s sculpture of Newton, based on Blake’s work, is currently the “View of the Week” on Bloomsbury Bytes.
- Zimbabwean actress and playright Danai Gurira discusses her influences, among them William Blake.
- The Runner gives a “vinyl dust-off” review of David Axelrod’s Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience.
- Filmmaker Jim Jarmusch discusses his interest in Blake and Swedenbourg in relation to collaborating with film composers on his work.
- Prince Charles argues that Sir Hubert Parry, known for setting Blake’s Jerusalem to music, is one of England’s great composers.
- The Huffington Post UK features “The Garden of Love” as its Weekend Poem.
- Professor of literature Carolyn Webber, discusses how Blake helps inspire her Christian faith.